Thursday, June 9, 2011

AFTER THE FEAST

Painters of long ago had such a fascination with painting tables filled with food. After my best friend's 30th wedding anniversary, I was drawn to this table next to the window. The diffused lighting made the whole scene almost surreal. It's more about the shapes than what makes up the shapes.
And don't worry...they bagged up all these grilled veggies and took them home afterwards with nothing wasted.
Ready for more of a feast? Then visit our host, Dragonstar, at http://blackandwhiteweekend.blogspot.com/ and feast your eyes on monochromes from all over the globe.
Thanks for stopping by.
David/ :-)

8 comments:

  1. Mixed feelings. The paintings you mention invited us to imagine eating. One could almost taste the food. (Though the arrangements tended to look too good to disturb.) But with this scene - though it reminded me immediately of those old pictures, light 'n all - my dominant connection (emotion!) is 'Oh no! Washing Up!'


    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've caught the mood so well. Really artistic shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a painting! The light and the details are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gray tones in this photo are exquisite David. I like what you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, that's perfect David! a magnificent still life. I like a lot.

    have a nice weekend my fotofriend,
    cordially - isabella

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a mess!! What a great shot (particularly in B&W) it makes. Very nice. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny and different picture...;-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish that I had an artist's eye like you. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! David/ :0)