Thursday, November 24, 2011

MIRABILIS

Mirabilis means miracle in Spanish.
This is a seed from one of the plants in my garden. It's called a Four O'Clock, but its Latin name is Mirabilis jalapa. To a gardener, a seed is always miraculous. I like this photo because the natural light in the garden gave the leaves and seed a glowing effect. It was a nice surprise. Photography is full of surprises, isn't it?
For more surprises, visit our wonderful host, Dragonstart, at http://blackandwhiteweekend.blogspot.com/
David/ :-)

8 comments:

  1. It is like a nut clasped by the petals of a flower rather than a seed and leaves. Seeds are always extraordinary when examined, I find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your black and white photos. Love the "bridge" arbor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this a lot. A little fill light from a flash would make the seed really stand out. I like the delicate petals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little details on the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the glow, and the contrast of the seed with the leaves. I don't know this plant at all - I must look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, indeed David, it's a very touching image with a lovely and very poetic light.

    I send you my best wishes.

    cordially - isabella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! David/ :0)